Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kylene & Derrick Bookwalter ~ 8.01.08~


Derrick and Kylene were married on Friday August 1st in a cute little church in Reed City. This was the first time I had been to Reed City, and what a cute town! There were so many old barns that I saw along the way and in the town that I was dying to stop at and take pictures! So many cool picture spots, so little time! However, we did have a gorgeous patch of wildflowers in front of the church that I was in seventh heaven over, I could have stayed right there all day! Here are some highlights from Derrick and Kylene's wedding day, they were so much fun to work with, and we had a great day. Perfect weather and lots of clouds in the sky, although the sun did have a way of peeking out a little too often for my perfect lighting conditions! Their reception was at the phenominal Tullymore, my first time there as well. Wow, it was even more awesome than I imagined, and absolutely huge! I'll have another opportunity to shoot there in just a couple of weeks at another wedding! Enjoy the preview!



I saw this little doll sitting in the window at the reception from across the room, I was so totally booking across the room to capture her before she hopped down!



The fountain in front of Tullymore...



The fountain again, with an old fashioned look here....I have fun with special effects and colorings...



And with our fun wedding party!



We had to do a shot with the clock, up in the landscape they go...




Derrick was an awesome sport with all of the pictures, not all grooms are so willing!









My assistant said these were the best cupcakes he's ever had in his entire life...darn it... I didn't have one!



The entrance to the "city of" Tullymore...






















Instead of bubbles, everyone rang little silver bells...



We made a very special stop on the way to the reception, to lay some roses on the grave of Kylene's parents, it was a little emotional, but very touching.






These posts came in handy!









A special moment...









Here is one of my favorite shots from my wildflowers field!




Did I mention that aqua is my favorite color?



Kylene, I love this face, sorry, had to post it!



This is a rare moment when the guys weren't laughing...




Whoa, two in a row! I think we had to practice the serious look, one of them kept giggling!






Cool spot!









You ladies are so cute!



Thought I'd try a reflection image!







Someone was giving a great toast...




This is one of my favorite "signature" shots, you'll probably see it a few times!



Great first dance...













This gazebo was built as a memorial to Derrick's mom, so we also did some touching pictures here as well.







I couldn't have asked for a better shooting location! Right when we pulled into the church driveway, I knew I was so totally going directly to this field!! ( I was just hoping the bride would agree with me, fortunately she was very willing!)



Derrick and Kylene also decided to see eachother here for the first time, perfect...!




























Waving at someone, love this shot!



Here he comes!






One of my favorite non-posed moments of the day...






I love the details...








Thank you again Kylene and Derrick, best wishes as you start your life together!

1 comment:

Kylene Nix said...

Holli-
You did a wonderful job! I have had so many compliments. You captured every moment of the day and made our special day a one we will never forget!

Love Kylene